28 And now, little children, abide in Him,
that when He appears, we may have confidence
and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know
that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.
Through His death on the cross we are all forgiven, for all of our sins. We are now righteous, clean, and can come to the Father. This is a gift we are all given. We just have to open our hearts and minds and yes to this wonderful gift of salvation.
3 Behold what manner of love the Father
has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!
Therefore the world does not know us, because it did
not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God;
and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be,
but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him,
for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who
has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
1 John 2:28-3:10
When God created Adam and Eve He wanted all of the people of earth to be His children. With their sin Adam and Eve’s eyes were opened to right and wrong. They had the freedom of choice. Since they disobeyed God and ate from the tree of knowledge they had to leave the Garden of Eden. They had to work hard for everything that they needed.
So, now all of the people that have been born after them have been given free choice. Sometimes we listen for directions from God and make good choices, and there are times we just do what we want. At those times we have to pay the consequences if we make a bad choice.
As children of God it is our duty to listen to His guidance. We should pray without ceasing, and be silent and listen for an answer. He will work through us if we allow it to happen.
There are different types of prayers for different situations, below are just a few suggestions.
- Prayers to say for guidance: While driving, ask which direction to go. I once avoided a possible accident, because I listened and went a different direction.
- Praying for the sick: I once prayed and anointed a little girl with oil. The doctors were having trouble diagnosing what was wrong. I could feel the love, warmth, and peace of God as I prayed. A few days later she was out of the hospital and healed through God’s love.
- Praying for your enemies: Years ago I prayed for my ex-sister-in-law to be happy. She was bitter over the divorce and wouldn’t let us see our niece. Once she was at peace we were able to see our niece and things went well.
- Praying for our children: When I wake up and when I go to bed I pray for our daughters, their husbands, and our grandchildren by name.
- Praying for others: Anytime someone’s name comes to mind I pray for them. God knows what is going on and what they need.
This is a partial list of prayers you can pray. Please leave a comment on our Facebook page of other prayers you pray.
Read more from Jann @www.jannwmartin.com